Interchange Terms & Conditions
1 SOCIAL NETWORK GUIDELINES
1.1 Why use the Interchange
The Interchange can be used in different ways and for different reasons:
- as a networking tool – your life is basically the sum of your professional and personal networks;
- to aid communication (just as mobile phones and e-mail did in the past);
- to participate in stimulating conversation;
- to enhance your personal reputation online; and
- to facilitate trade.
When the right people come together, great things can happen. Around the world pioneers, changemakers, enablers and adopters are at the heart of the IoT, Industry 4.0, FinTech and NextGen Fulfilment and Logistics frontier. The Interchange places you at the heart of this ecosystem.
Without you to bring the Interchange to life, the Interchange is just a couple of words. Social media provide our Members and their Ventures with channels/tools to make their voices heard and to display the power of what can be achieved when we connect, engage and trade. It’s an identity network that provides a form of empowerment that offers significant potential for enhancing your personal brand and reputation, while furthering your own knowledge, know how, innovation and business pursuits.
2 THE BASICS
Here are some general principles that can help your Interchange activity:
To register for a User Account, you must have a valid e-mail account and be at least 18 years old. You agree that all information you provide during the registration process will be complete and accurate information. You shall keep this information up to date while using the Service. You will be required to verify your e-mail address including your chosen user identification and password issued to you (“Login Details”) before you may access your User Account.
Your Login Details will be used to access your User Account and the services thereunder. Depending on features of the services you have selected, you also may be prompted to answer several security questions and/or verify your credentials.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of your Login Details and for any use of or action taken under your Login Details. You should not disclose your credentials to any third party (other than third parties authorized by you to use your account). If your Login Details are compromised, or if you believe that there is an error or unauthorized transaction or activity associated with your Login Details, you must notify us and change your Login Details immediately.
You acquire no rights to your Login Details and we reserve the right to change the same at our sole discretion without being liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by or caused to you, or arising out of, in connection with or by reason of such change.
2.2 Know your own company’s values and principles
Please make sure that you have read and are familiar with your own Company’s Values and Principles. They provide a framework to guide you in your dealings with fellow Members, partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders. For this reason, your principles very much apply in the Interchange – a social media environment when you are engaging on behalf of your venture.
2.3 Point out that you are not an official spokesperson
We welcome your participation in various SingEx or your Company themed accounts / blogs / groups / websites etc. However, if you plan on setting up one of these yourself, be sure to make clear in some ways that it is not an official communication channel, unless you are duly authorised. Also, you should state clearly that you are expressing your own views and opinions, especially when discussing topics that relate to your respective Company’s activities.
If necessary, add a disclaimer (“The opinions and positions expressed are my own and don’t necessarily reflect those of XXX Company.”) to indicate that you are not speaking on behalf of your Company or Community of Interest.
2.4 Respect the SingEX and your company/members chapter’s brand guidelines
The SingEx brand, the Interchange brand, and your Corporate and Members brand consistency are important. If you include a relevant logo on your profile, be sure to follow their Brand guidelines. Use the latest artwork. Do not squeeze or otherwise distort the logo. Do not use the logo in combination with a product name. Use the correct shades of the specific colour and related corporate colours.
2.5 Recognize that you are entering a social system
The Interchange is an identity based social network. This community provides a platform like any event – a corporate meeting, a party, the coffee corner. Behave as you would in such an environment. The same professional standards and good manners apply: introduce yourself, don’t pretend to be some- one else, don’t intrude in or interrupt the conversations of others, and so on. Take care to ensure that your actions and behaviour are consistent with the image you want to portray in your Members Communities and your Company’s. Keep in mind that you are very likely to be sharing any digital space – online or offline – with your manager, colleagues, investors or partners.
2.6 Remember that Google never forgets
Everything you post stays online for a long time. Think before posting something you might regret later.
2.7 In case of doubt
Ask your Company or Community of Interest whether it is “safe” to post specific information online.
3 ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You are solely responsible for the content of all information, data, text, messages, photographs, videos, images, graphics, audio recordings and other material provided by you (collectively “Postings”), as such Postings are submitted by you.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Postings and that no content of any such Posting infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, and all Postings consisting of information, opinions or reviews express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
Postings must: (i) be relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic; be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable laws in Singapore and in any country from which they are posted.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, you agree to comply with the following content standards for all Postings:
- Know your own personal Values and Principles and your Company’s.
- Be yourself, say who you are and who you represent, especially when publicising your Company or Community of Interest.
- If you are using their logo, follow the respective Brand guidelines.
- State clearly that the views / opinions expressed are your own. Speak in the first person.
- Get your facts right, be truthful. Support your opinions with facts. Cite the sources of your contents.
- Add value.
- Think before posting.
- Use common sense and courtesy. Admit mistakes, apologise if necessary.
- Be respectful of other cultures, race, religions, values, etc.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others, especially trademarks and copyright. You are prohibited from using logos, trademarks, music, images, etc. that do not belong to you unless you have obtained proper authorization.
- Monitor the reactions to your posts and make sure they are as true, respectful and legal as your own
- Do not post things you would be embarrassed to have your mother / manager see.
- No spam!
- No marketing. Our websites including Interchange must not be used to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
- Do not speak on behalf of your Corporate/Alma Mater/Community of Interest Chapter unless authorised (Use a disclaimer if you have your own sub group / blog / channel).
- Do not squeeze, modify any logo. Do not associate it with inappropriate content.
- Do not lie.
- Do not harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Do not post any defamatory, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory or threatening material, which includes material that contains or promotes (i) sexually explicit material, (ii) violence or aggression, or (iii) discrimination in any form, including race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age.
- Do not share internal information. Refrain from commenting on your company’s / Company’s / Community of Interest / Members Chapter’s performance.
- Do not cite colleagues / stakeholders, do not post their materials without their approval.
- Do not censor others’ opinions.
- Do not post or share any material which contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Do not post or share any material which infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any other person.
- Do not advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) intellectual property infringement or computer misuse.
- Postings must not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Do not give the impression that the information posted or shared by you emanates from us in any way.
3.3 Posting on publicly accessible Areas
A publicly accessible area is any area of the Interchange, website and/or services provided by SingEx that are accessible by the general public, and may therefore be indexed by search engines.
We may offer you the opportunity to post, submit and exchange content and information on publicly accessible areas and you shall be fully responsible for, and should thereby exercise caution, if you choose to disclose your personal data in a publicly accessible area. Remember that this information may remain indefinitely on the internet even though measures are taken to remove such information from the Interchange, website and/or services provided by SingEx.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any information including personal data provided by you that is made available on any publicly accessible areas. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss.
3.4 User-to-user communication and sharing
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not use the ideas and information that you share to and/or through our websites. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to and/or through our websites. We are not responsible for any person’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post.
- the monitoring, interception, accessing, recording, disclosing, inspecting, reviewing, retrieving and printing of transactions, messages, communications, postings, log-ins, recordings and other uses of the systems as well as keystroke capturing and other network monitoring technologies; and
- storing copies of such data or communications for a period of time after they are created, and the deletion of such copies from time to time without notice.
DO NOT USE YOUR USER ACCOUNT FOR ANY MATTER THAT YOU WISH TO BE KEPT PRIVATE OR CONFIDENTIAL.
3.7 Suspension and termination
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Posting uploaded by you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Interchange, including cancellation of your Digital Membership with us, and informing your Company Alma Mater of your actions;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all loss and damage, including costs, resulting from the breach; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
5 Other terms
5.1 Your obligations
You represent, warrant and undertake:
- not to introduce to our websites any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer programs or files of a harmful nature that will interrupt, limit, destroy or otherwise interfere with their functionality;
- not to distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use any materials or Postings from the websites, without the express written permission of SingEx and/or their rightful owners; and
- to preserve and retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in any downloaded materials.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted by SingEx, any access or attempt to access other areas of the computer system and/or websites of SingEx for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
Whilst we try to ensure that access to the websites are always available, from time to time we may decide to temporarily restrict or block access to, or use of, all or part of a website without notice and reserve the right to do so, whether for the purpose of upgrading, maintaining or investigating the website or for any reason which we, in our absolute discretion, deem appropriate or necessary. We shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by or caused to you or arising out of, in connection with or by reason of such shutting down of the website. We also reserve the right to withdraw and/or amend content on the website without notice and we accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused.
You agree and acknowledge that any data, enquiry or request made or submitted electronically to any websites is subject to the risks of the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event above and if, in any such event, we do not receive the data, enquiry or request submitted by you or if such data, enquiry or request is lost, corrupted or otherwise not accessible, whether wholly or partially for whatever reason, you shall be deemed not to have submitted such data, enquiry or request, and you shall have no claim whatsoever against us for compensation, loss or damage.
5.3 intellectual property rights
Except for Postings submitted by users of the websites, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Any and all text, graphics, photographs, logos, button icons, images, designs, sounds, music, audio clips, video clips, data compilations and software, and the compilation thereof are collectively referred as “SingEx Content”; and
- All trademarks, brand names, logos and related tag-lines and service marks displayed on the websites, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trade mark symbol (™), and whether or not registered anywhere in the world, are collectively referred to as the “SingEx Trade Marks”.
All rights, titles and interests in and to the SingEx Content and the SingEx Trade Marks are owned by SingEx, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners.
Your access to or use of the websites should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use the SingEx Content and or the SingEx Trade Marks. Other than the limited grant of access to and viewing of the SingEx Content and or the SingEx Trade Marks on the websites, you have no privileges or rights in any of the SingEx Content and or the SingEx Trade Marks.
Any use of the SingEx Content and or the SingEx Trade Marks, including without limitation, any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, broadcast or performance of the same, without the prior written permission of SingEx, is strictly prohibited and shall constitute a violation of the intellectual property rights of SingEx, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners.
5.4 Third party links
We may provide links to other websites or resources not owned or operated by us. We are not responsible for the availability, functionality, accuracy or content of these websites or resources, and any links we provide does not mean that we are connected with or endorse the related website, resource or the information provided in them. Those websites or resources may have their own terms, conditions and policies, and it is your duty to ensure that you comply with them. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, for any failure on your part to view, comply or familiarise with any such terms, conditions and policies.
Users are advised to take caution and exercise good judgement before clicking on any hyperlinks, as they could expose users to possible spam and hacking. In this regard, we cannot be held responsible for any loss and or damage arising from the use and or access of any hyperlinks.
You may not create a hyperlink to any SingEx websites, whether via social networks or otherwise, without our written permission.
5.5 Third party Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of those social media platforms (“Third Party Social Media Platforms”).
The Third Party Social Media Platforms may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from our web pages to the social media platform in question. Where you use such social sharing buttons you do so at your own risk– you should note that the Third Party Social Media Platforms may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. Please note these Third Party Social Media Platforms have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Third Party Social Media Platforms.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT THAT OUR WEBSITES OR ITS CONTENTS AND MATERIALS ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ALL JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU ACCESS OR USE ANY OF OUR WEBSITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN INITIATIVE AND RISK, AND YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH YOUR LOCAL LAWS.
WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENTS OR MATERIALS ON OUR WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE NEITHER MAKE ANY COMMITMENT NOR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH CONTENTS OR MATERIALS.
WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR GUARANTEE THAT MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM OUR WEBSITES WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON OUR WEBSITES IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL USERS ACCESS AND USE OUR WEBSITES AND THEIR CONTENT AT THEIR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION ON OTHER SITES, INCLUDING THOSE LINKED TO OUR WEBSITES,
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITES TO ANY PERSON, GEOGRAPHIC REGION OR JURISDICTION.
7 EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SINGEX BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND HOWSOEVER CAUSED, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, ANY SINGEX WEBSITES OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ITS CONTENT. THIS INCLUDES DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
8 GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Attn: The Data Protection Officer
If you prefer to contact us by post and/or fax:
SingEx Exhibitions Pte. Ltd.
11 Tampines Concourse
SingEx – Privacy NOTICE
This is the Privacy Notice of SingEx (hereinafter “SINGEX”, “we”, or “us”) that sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect any Personal Data (defined below) that you give to us. This Privacy Notice applies to all members, non-members, customers, users and content providers of SINGEX and our web sites, and is designed to meet the requirements of personal data protection laws in Singapore.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY INFORMATION REQUESTED BY US, OR SIGNING UP FOR ANY USER ACCOUNTS, GOODS, SERVICES OR ACTIVITIES OFFERED BY US, SO THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING OUR WEB SITES INCLUDING ITS RELATED MOBILE APPLICATION AND THE SERVICES WITHIN THEM (COLLECTIVELY THE “SERVICES”), AND/OR PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO US OR ANY OF OUR WEB SITES, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MOBILE APPLICATIONS OWNED OR OPERATED BY US, YOU CONSENT TO THE PROVISIONS IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT OR DO NOT AGREE TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL DATA.
FROM TIME TO TIME, WE MAY REVIEW AND UPDATE THIS PRIVACY NOTICE TO ENSURE THAT IT IS CONSISTENT WITH ANY CHANGES IN LEGAL REQUIREMENTS. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK THIS WEB PAGE AND OUR WEB SITES FROM TIME TO TIME FOR ANY UPDATED VERSIONS THAT ARE POSTED AND DATE STAMPED SO THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF WHEN THE PRIVACY NOTICE WAS LAST UPDATED,
WHAT WE COLLECT
The types of personal data that we collect depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the transaction undertaken with us. The personal data that we may request includes but is not limited to (individually and collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
- personal identification, contact and other demographic information, namely name, email address, birth date, gender, postal address, telephone numbers, occupation, industry, academic qualifications, Company affiliations, personal interests, photographs, , which you provide directly to us, or through our access to your social media accounts (for example, LinkedIn, Google+ or Facebook), as authorised by you;
- other information as we may notify you, whether for surveys, sale of publications and other service offerings;
- technical and statistical data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses, which will automatically be collected by us to maintain quality of the service and to compile general statistics regarding use of our web sites;
- device-specific information and device location information, when you install, access, or use our Services, and depending on the permissions you have granted, your location data if you use the location features, such as when you choose to share your location, view locations of objects and/or others within a vicinity, or those of others who have shared with you, and the like.
Notwithstanding the generality of the above:-
- We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, when you use certain Services (including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others) and when you visit certain pages of our web sites. This can include information in or about the content you provide or about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- If you registered with us through any of your social media accounts, you also acknowledge and agree that we may access and store information made available by you on your respective social media accounts.
- We also collect information about you from your Members Chapter, Company or other related Member Organisations (defined below) and from other users of our Services, such as when they send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information. We also work closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers), and we may sometimes receive information about you from them. All such information may be combined with the data you provide to us when you register with us and / or when you use the Services, and the combined data may be used by us for the same purposes outlined in this notice.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data you provide helps us to understand your needs, maintain our relationship with you, process transactions, fulfil our delivery obligations for any goods, services or activities you undertake with us, and improve our service delivery. In particular, we collect your Personal Data for the following purposes, including without limitation:
- to establish, maintain and/or manage the relationship(s) by and between SINGEX and you (as a member or non-members, as the case may be);
- to organise, conduct and/or provide products, activities and/or services (including Services);
- to provide messages and materials to you (from SINGEX and/or its service providers, sponsors, third party partners and Member Organisations), including services, events, promotions or otherwise that are offered as part of or in connection with your membership with SINGEX;
- to grow the individual and professional networks (of SINGEX, its members and non-members) by introducing you to other members and non-members of SINGEX including the SINGEX Interchange Community Management team, sponsors of SINGEX, various Company Chapters and/or Industry Associations and/or Governments (including the respective federal and state governments and their agencies and statutory bodies) (collectively “Member Organisations”);
- to improve our products, services and activities, and to customise our web sites according to your interests;
- to develop content of this web site and our related network of web sites;
- to periodically send you email updates about new activities and services or other information. You have the option of opting out from receiving such information;
- to respond to feedback from you;
- from time to time, we may use your Personal Data to conduct research; and
- for record keeping.
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
We may also use and disclose your Personal Data within the SINGEX (including its Interchange Community Management team), and with its officers, employees, committee members, members, agents, sponsors, suppliers, affiliates, and third party partners:-
- In order to fulfil the Purposes listed above, in which case, we may:-
- disclose, transfer, and jointly use your Personal Data to and with such third parties in Singapore and overseas, and your Personal Data may also be transmitted to data storage facilities or our offices and appointed agents in Singapore or other countries in connection with our performance of the transaction with you;
- share your Personal Data with our trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for delivery of our Services;
- use Personal Data provided by you to help connect you with other individuals and Member Organisations, including identifying your location to other users of the Services within a vicinity and/or close proximity (depending on the permissions you have granted and/or the settings you have configured on your device to access the Services), for users of the Services to interact and communicate with one another;
- share your Personal Data with any of our sponsors, our industry partners, our Member Organisations, our contacts with Governments (including the Australian federal and state governments and their agencies and statutory bodies), our affiliate Universities and to the SINGEX Interchange Community Management team;
- share your Personal Data with any Company, industry association or our sponsor for their purposes (including contacting you for research, donations, sponsorships, marketing and promotion purposes and/or their business outreach initiatives); and
- If required or authorised to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, including but not limited to circumstances where use and/or disclosure is:-
- necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings, including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy;
- necessary for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or obtaining legal services;
- necessary for responding to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of an individual;
- in connection with or forms part of any purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation of SINGEX or of any of SINGEX’s business or assets, or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of SINGEX, but otherwise it is not in our usual course of business to sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties.
Your express consent will be sought when collecting your Personal Data. There will also be instances where your consent for the collection or use of your Personal Data will necessarily be implied from the circumstances by nature of the task or transaction, including your interaction with us or in the course of signing up for, or accepting, any of our products, services or activities you have requested.
Various aspects of the Services may give you control over types of information (including Personal Data) that you share with, and/or receive from, other users. We encourage you to customise the user settings to suit your preferences.
Where you are supplying the Personal Data of another individual (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees, etc.), you represent, warrant, undertake and will ensure that the individual whose Personal Customer Data is supplied to us has consented to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes, and is informed of and consents to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice shall supplement any other policies that you may have previously provided consent to us in respect of your Personal Data.
Where you have provided your express consent, your name, email address and contact number may be used by us and/or selected third parties (identified above) to provide you with information about products, services and activities that you have indicated your interest. You may unsubscribe from this service and withdraw your consent at any time by written request to our Interchange Community Management team (see contact details and requirements below).
We will, upon your written request to our Interchange Community Management team (see contact details and requirements below), allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Where required or authorised to do so by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service and/or deny your request for access to your Personal Data.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is current, complete and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products, services and activities you have requested.
If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email our Interchange Community Management team (see contact details and requirements below).
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of SINGEX, or as required by relevant laws.
When destroying Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable laws.
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of your Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification, disposal or similar risks.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that no harmful code will enter our web sites (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with disclosing any information or transacting over the Internet or when using online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution when using the Internet to disclose your Personal Data to us, including using strong passwords, changing your password regularly and using a secure browser.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your act or omission to safe-keep your username and password from unauthorised use.
By browsing or using our web sites, you consent to:-
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps to analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site, and can include information about the way you use a web site, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you are accessing it from, and where you are in the world. In particular:
- Cookies allow web applications to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences, but a cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Traffic log cookies enable us to identify which pages are being used and help us to analyse data about webpage traffic to tailor services to your needs. The information is used for statistical analysis, and the data is removed from the system thereafter.
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our web sites, as follows:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use a Site (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the Site). Session cookies help the Site remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you have visited the Site. For example, when you log onto a Site, a persistent cookie will be used to remember your preferences, so that the system remembers your choice the next time you log in. Persistent cookies help us to identify you as a unique visitor but do not contain any information that could be used to identify you to another person.
You can remove cookies from your computer at any time, and choose to disable cookies in your internet browser settings. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our web sites.
EDIT AND DELETE YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
If you have an account with us:-
- You can edit your Personal Data on your account at any time.
- You can re-sync your account with your social media account(s) (e.g. LinkedIn, Google+ or Facebook) at any time.
- We may restrict any change being made to any report produced about you, if we are of the opinion that such report is not a fair and true representation of you.
- We endeavour to correct any material error in your Personal Data upon your reasonable written notification.
- You may delete your account by emailing us at digitalvillage@SingEx.org.sg, verifying your password once more and confirming your choice to terminate the account. We may, however, retain certain aspects of your account and other Personal Information for the purposes of maintaining records of our dealings with you, analysis and/or statistics.
- Please note that:
- Information that you have shared with others and that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account or request that information about you be deleted; and
- It may take some time to delete data stored in backup systems.
Contacting Us – Feedback, Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Privacy Notice;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data,
Attn: The Data Protection Officer
If you prefer to contact us by post and/or fax:
SingEx Exhibitions Pte. Ltd.
11 Tampines Concourse
To protect your privacy and security, we will also require you to verify your identity before we can respond substantially to your request.